A simple app designed to keep the family informed
The hours spent scrutinising canteen menus in front of your children’s' schools, or interrogating your offspring on what they ate for lunch, are now a thing of the past. The Elior Education Contract Catering application (which can be downloaded free of charge) offers a host of services parents will find particularly useful when their children go back to school:
- On-line menus: bon’App facilitates parent access to their children’s school menus. Menus are planned eight weeks in advance. This time-saving application simplifies planning, is simple to use, easy to read and has a printing function; features that will rapidly make it an essential daily-management tool.
- Eye-catching images depicting the origin of food: pictograms placed in front of meal names make it possible to rapidly identify the quality of the food products (bio-agriculture, local produce, labels) and the recipe category (children-favourites, home-cooking).
- Canteen news: A news-alert function keeps parents informed about the special events organised in their children’s canteens (events featuring local produce, "Week of Taste", "Day against food waste", etc.)
- Child management and presence: With just one click, it is possible to register your child for canteen meals, or cancel his/her subscription just 2 days in advance. Parents can manage any unexpected turn of events and avoid paying additional costs if their children cannot eat at the canteen.
- Paying canteen bills: Parents can access their canteen bills and pay them directly on line. Payment is carried out via a secure-access system. Users can consult the list of electronic canteen payments made over the last twelve months; a service which is provided free of charge.
Local authorities adopt bon’App
Several local authorities and municipalities have decided to adopt Elior's new service for their school canteens. This year, around 1,000 establishments spread over sixty towns and departments are promoting the bon’App application to families in their communities.
Ghristel Hanicotte, Marketing Director of Elior Education Contract Catering, declared: “bon’App is an innovative application designed by Elior Education Contract Catering to give families better access to information concerning the nature and quality of school catering. bon’App saves time for parents, simplifies their daily schedules and let’s them see to what extent school-catering has evolved.”
With this day-to-day, school canteen management app, Elior Education Contract Catering has privileged an innovative solution for municipalities and the diners frequenting school canteens, and enhanced the traceability of, and access to, information on the quality of produce proposed in school canteens.