Elior France launches its new catering concept for B&I: MaCantine
The quality of catering is a guarantee of a company's consideration of its employees: a commitment that is no longer limited to just ensuring they are fed but also to looking after them. With MaCantine, Elior France is launching a new catering concept for the B&I market that will revolutionize the traditional self-service format and foster the freedom of catering choice of guests.
Elior has developed a catering concept that enables guests to eat well at a reasonable price in an setting where they can come and go whenever and however they want. MaCantine is a lively hub that offers bespoke catering solutions, featuring traditional, gourmet, choice, innovative, fresh and quality produce enabling guests to enjoy a relaxing and convivial break or a work session, either alone or in groups, all day long.
"With the mass Generation Y arrival in the workplace, the digital eruption and new collaborative ways of working, corporate habits and functions are changing. The relationship with food is also changing and the need to serve fresh, healthy and quality produce in an authentic working environment has become essential. To this end, Elior has created MaCantine, a new catering concept designed to meet employees’ everyday working needs and well-being," stressed Jean-Yves Fontaine, CEO of Elior France for the B&I market.
The innovative MaCantine catering concept is dedicated toclients and prospective business customers in the B&I market who welcome at least 300 guests per day. This modular catering formula comprises 12 culinary bricks, each with their own identity: a culinary identity with flagship products and specific recipes, a visual identity and a servuction. The diversity of the culinary bricks offers a unique choice of recipes and products, and formats and settings to satisfy everybody’s fancy at any moment of the day.
The twelve culinary bricks are underpinned by a three-pronged savoir-faire:
The chefs’ savoir-faire: menus developed by Elior and renowned partner chefs (Michel Sarran and the teams of Ducasse Conseil) with dishes cooked on the spot in front of the guests, who have the choice of four different catering formats:
- La Cuisine de Chef: an open or semi-open kitchen where guests can observe the daily dishes being prepared and cooked in front of them.
- Le Barbecue: grills and plancha dishes prepared in a convivial corner setting where guests can discover a variety of tasty surf and turf recipes.
- L’Escale: for the first time, guests can make their own menu choices thanks to a 100% digitalized stand dedicated to a cuisine that transports them on a journey where they can discover and explore new savors from America, Africa and Asia.
- Mon Mix: personalization and made-to-measure are the central features of this stand which is designed to satisfy the tastes of guests who are free to compose their own recipes and leave the final preparation touches to the chef.
Artisanal savoir-faire: locally-sourced, seasonal and quality produce that is regionally grown and which showcases artisanal savoir-faire. Guests have the choice of four different catering formats:
- Le Primeur : a fresh and in-season fruit and vegetable stand
- Le Four: pizzas, savory pies and tarts, and oven dishes topped with melted cheese
- La Pâtisserie Boulange: pastries prepared on the spot before guests by a pastry chef
- Le Terroir: a catering solution designed in the spirit of a convivial gourmet food-hall that offers regional produce from France and around the world.
Guest services: trendy catering formats designed to meet everybody’s fancy. Guests have the choice of four different catering formats:
- La Boutique: an exclusively self-service offering.
- MaCantine Express: featuring all of the day's specials, in individual and take-away format.
- La Table: where guests can come, taste and share dishes that change depending on the theme of the moment.
- La Brasserie M: a fully-fledged restaurant with a short menu that is regularly renewed.