Creating healthy and tasty dishes
The Group’s nutrition strategy firstly aims to improve the nutritional profile of Elior’s recipes. In this regard, the Group is seeking to diversify the protein intake of its offers by privileging nutritional, plant-based ingredients (fruits, vegetables, seeds, etc.) by attaching particular importance to respecting seasonality.
To promote the diversity and taste of its offers, the Group also relies on the creativity of its teams of chefs and encourages its different entities to share their expertise and experience.
Our best practices
- We measure the diversity of the ingredients in our recipes: almost 20% of Group supplies are both plant-based and nutritionally rich (wholegrain cereals, seeds, etc.)
- Our recipes are developed in association with our customer experts, as in the case of recipes developed by the Gustave Roussy Institute for cancer patients.
- Partnerships forged with prestigious chefs, such as Michel Sarran and Alexandre Bourdas, to provide a differentiating offer in terms of expertise
- Offers adapted to the very specific needs of our different communities of guests. The IDÉQUATIO offer was thus designed so that seniors can eat with pleasure, independently and for as long as possible, whatever their state of health.
- Guest satisfaction is monitored at half of the sites in France, Spain and the US. In France, the overall satisfaction rate is 82%.
- Two Food Labs have been set up in France and Italy: these co-creation spaces are devoted to testing and discovery in support of innovation.
One out of five Elior recipes are vegetarian at Group level
One vegetarian meal per week is served in schools in France
International vegetarian recipe workshops are held with Elior chefs
Our actions planned for 2021
- Increase the percentage of vegetarian dishes by privileging the exchange of best practices and creativity between chefs via a digital platform.
- Foster diversity of seasonal and nutritional ingredients via support tools to integrate new ingredients into menus and recipes
- Deploy internal training programs promoting vegetarian dishes.